It’s with great pleasure that my writing partner Tom Debevoise and I announce that the Microguide to Process Modeling in BPMN 2.0 has been released on Amazon.com this week. You can purchase the book on Amazon. This book is a culmination of many years of process modeling experience, and introduces new, modern trends of blended process, event, and decision modeling styles. The book is jam packed with information in a concise, easy to read format. To our knowledge, there is nothing else on the market like it.
There is a special reduced introductory price, so be sure to get your copy before the price goes up. Also note that the Kindle version will be released around the end of July 2011. There are few process modeling / BPMN 2.0 books available for Kindle, and this is the one to own.
An updated guide to business process modeling covering a broad range of necessary topics for understanding the new era of process design. A must-have book for business analysts, IT architects, and anyone interested in driving process improvement with a more efficient means of communication. The concise materials in this book focus on modern process design. Developed from actual practices, these techniques are proven in many of the most advanced processes, in production today. More than BPMN 2.0, the book is about Process modeling 2.0 concepts which stress decision and event modeling.
- Most important topics related to business process modeling.
- Quick guide to OMG’s BPMN 2.0 notation.
- Common patterns based on proven design.
- Decision modeling and business rules patterns.
- Event processing patterns.
- Combined process, decision, and event modeling.
- Characteristics of various process types.
- Process Modeling Framework (PMF) for consistent, structured design
- Process Discovery through effective requirements gathering techniques.
- Considering the organization as part of process design.